Are you willing to pursue a career in law and intend to enrol in a 5-year integrated programme at one of the country’s top schools? If you answered yes, the best time to begin preparing is RIGHT NOW! Many of you have completed your Class X boards and are now enrolled in Class XI, in arts, commerce and/or Science, as well.
As a result, we believe that starting CLAT 2022 preparation now, rather than next year, is the best option. Let’s look into how you can start preparing for CLAT:
CLAT 2022: The Entry Point to NLUs
CLAT is the main entrance exam for the majority of National Law Universities. It is a multiple-choice test with aptitude questions (MCQ). For many of you, this may be your first encounter with a competitive exam of this type. As a result, it will take some time to become acquainted with the process.
You’ve been used to concepts like step-wise marking and ‘detailed answers running into paragraphs’ your entire life. A shift in mindset is required to perform well on aptitude tests. This will take some time.
CLAT is divided into five sections: Legal Aptitude, General Knowledge, Verbal Ability, Reasoning (Math & English based), and Quantitative Ability. Most of you will be unfamiliar with sections such as legal aptitude and general knowledge.
They may not have been covered in the school curriculum. Due to the novelty factor, you must prepare for them for a longer period. Learning a skill like verbal reasoning requires a head start as well.
Preparing for CLAT 2022
Once Class XII begins, you will need to balance your time between boards and test prep. As a result, one should work hard in Class XI and work smartly in Class XII.
- Any aptitude test preparation should typically be divided into three modules: Learn, Practice, and Test. ‘Learn’ The module consists of take-home material (books) and class sheets to be completed in class.
- Before taking a break for Class XI annual exams, one should complete the learning module. If possible, after Class XI exams, one should attend revision classes.
- Once concepts are understood, students should learn how to ‘Practice’ using them to answer exam questions. In the practice module, concept clarity is more important than attempt time.
- Topic-by-topic practice tests will assist you in this regard. During the first few months of Class XII, enough time should be spent familiarizing yourself with various Q types based on various concepts.
- Around the August-September months of Class XII, move to the ‘Test’ module and take mock tests in a simulated environment, e.g. similar test setup, exam mode, and marking scheme. Evaluating each test to identify potential areas for score improvement is essential.
- Following this, one should solve previous CLAT/AILET papers, which are the closest thing to an actual exam.
- An early start allows you to complete the syllabus in Class XI with more flexibility.
- Possibility of attending revision classes before the start of Class XII.
- Early familiarity with previous year’s test papers and exam questions.
- More practice and earlier identification of potential areas for score improvement.
- You will feel more at ease when you begin Class XII because two major stages of preparation will be completed.
- Your law-student friends may have already begun studying for the exam. If you join them soon, you will have a good peer group for preparation. It will give your preparation a healthy dose of competition.
- So, what are you holding out for? The time to begin preparing for CLAT 2022 is NOW!