The Consortium of National Law Universities has invited applications for the CLAT 2022 exam. According to the latest update on their website, registrations for CLAT 2022 are now open.
Students can visit the website of the Consortium of National Law Universities to register themselves for the exam.
CLAT, or the Common Law Admission Test, is an yearly exam. This competitive exam is used to gauge the aptitude of an aspirant for the participating national law universities.
CLAT 2022 will consist of two exams- one for undergraduate students and the other for postgraduate students.
Important Dates for CLAT 2022:
- January 1, 2022: Registrations for CLAT 2022 begin
- March 31, 2022: Registrations for CLAT 2022 close
- May 8, 2022: CLAT 2022 Examination
CLAT 2022 UG Eligibility:
- There is no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2022.
- As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination), the candidates must have secured:
- Forty five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories
- Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April, 2022 are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2022 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- Higher marks in the component / section on legal aptitude in the CLAT 2022 exam;
- Higher age;
- Computerised draw of lots.