Practice Paper on Ranking Questions for CLAT 2020
Questions on Ranking for CLAT 2020
1.In a class of 45 students coma Raghav is placed at from the bottom where as Sunil is placed 10th from the top. Paras is placed exactly in between the two. What is the Raghav position from Paras?
2.If Rahul find that he is 12 from the right and force from the left, how many words should be added to the queue so that there are 28 boys in the line?
None of these
3.In a class of 60, where girls are twice to that of boys, Prachi Agar ranked 16th from the top, if there are 8 girls ahead of Prachi, how many boys are after her in the rank?
4. In a row of 21 girls when Madhu was shifted by four places toward the right, she became 12th from the left end. What was the earlier position from the right end of the row?
5. Rahul is rank ahead of Suman in a class of 39 students. If humans rank is 17th from the last, what is Rahul’s rank from the start?
6. Rahul is taller than Vijay coma who is not as tall as Karan. Sujay is taller than Anup but shorter than Vijay. Who among them is the tallest?
Cannot be determined
7. Ankit becomes a 17th from the front end in queue, if he shifts 2 place forward and becomes the seventh from the back end if he shifts 3 places backward. Total number of person in Queue is
8.There are 40 students in a Row. If if ROY is 15 from the right end and there are exactly 14 students between Roy and Manish, then and what is the position of Manish from the left end of the row?
9. In a row of 70 students, X is 23rd from the front end and why is 38 from the back end. What is the position of a student from the front who is standing exactly between X and Y?
10. In a row of 45 people. If Manish is 17th to the right of Ravi, who is is 10th from the left end. Then what will be the position of Renu from right, who is sitting its position to the left of Manish?
Number of students between raghav and sunil = 45-(8+10) =27. Clearly there are 30 students between Raghav and Paras as well as Paras and Sunil. Show Raghav is 14th from Paras.
clearly number of boys in the line = 11+1+3 = 15. Number of boys to be added = 28-15 =13.
Let no. Of boys be X. And no. Of girls = 2X. So, X+2X = 60, i.e 3X=60 From the equation we will get X =20. Then, boys=20 and girls =40.
No. Of students behind prachi in rank = 60-16= 44
No. Of girls behind prachi=8 So, (40-1-8) = 31
No. Of boys behind prachi = 44-31 =13
Madhu’s earlier position from the left end =12-4 =8th
Madhu’s earlier position from the right =21 + 1-8= 14th.
Suman and 17th from the last and Rahul is 7 rank ahead of Suman. So, Rahul is 24th from the last full stop number of students are ahead of Rahul in rank = 39 – 24 = 15.
So. Rahul is 16th from the start.
Ranking of karan is not defined, as R and K > V > S > A, consequently either Rahul or karan is tallest.
original position of Ankit from the front end of the queue = 17 + 2 = 19th. Also, from the back end = 7 + 3 = 10th. Total no. Of persons in that queue = 19 + 10 – 1= 28.
position of Rahul from the left end of the row = 40 – 15 – 14 = 11th
position of Y from front end = 70 – 38 + 1 = 33. Hence, rank of student standing between X and Y is 28.
Manish’s position from left end = 10 + 17 = 27. Renu’s position from left end = 27 – 8 = 19. Hence coma trainers position from the right end = 45 – 19 + 1 = 27th.