Given below is the mock paper of analytical reasoning questions for SLAT and other law entrance examinations. It is a mixed set and the difficulty level is moderately easy.
- A golden bowl at shop A is marked at Rs. 1000 and at shop B it is marked at Rs. 1200. If the discount offered at shop B is 20% and the bowl was sold at the same selling price at shop A and B, find the discount offered at shop A?
- If the 50 kg Macaroni A bought at Rs. 300 per kg is mixed with 35 kg Macaroni B bought at Rs. 350 per kg and the mixture is sold at Rs. 325 per kg, find the loss or gain percentage?
- If today is Saturday, then what day of the week will be on the 780 days from today?
- At what angle are the hour hand and the minute hand when it is 7:45 pm?
- Tap A fills the cistern in 2 hours and Tap B fills the cistern in 3 hours. The tank can be emptied by Tap C in 3 hours. If all the tap are opened simultaneously, how long will it take the empty cistern to be completely filled?
- If 140 is 40% more than 100, by how much is 30 less than 80?
- If a clock starts at 5: 00 pm, then by how many degrees has the clock rotated at 11:00 pm?
- Two friends Sakshi and Shreya are walking home from school at the speed of 10 km/hr and 15 km/hr respectively. Calculate the distance between home and school if X arrives 1 hour late.
Do It Yourself!
- The difference between SI and CI on a sum of money lent at the interest rate of 20% for two years is Rs. 500. Calculate the principal amount.
- In 5 L of solution, the ratio of water to other contents in 3: 5. Find the quantity of other contents in 150 L of solution.
- Selling Price at shop A = Selling Price at shop B
Selling Price at shop B = 1200 – (20/100)*1200
= 1200 – 240
= Rs. 960
960 = 1000 – (x/100)*1000
960 = 1000 – 10x
10x = 40
X = 4%
- Cost price of Macaroni mixture = (300*50) + (35*350)
= 15000 + 12250
Selling Price for Macaroni Mixture = 85* 325
= Rs. 27625
Profit percentage = [(27625-27250)/27250] *100
= (375/27250) *100
- 780 days = 111 weeks + 3 odd days
Therefore it is Tuesday.
- Angle traced by hour hand at 7:45 pm = (360/12) * (31/4) = 232.5o
Angle traced by minute hand in 45 min = (360/60) * 45 = 270o
Required angle = 37.5 degrees
- Tap A fills 1/2 of the tank in one hour.
Tap B fills 1/3 of the tank in one hour.
Tap C empties 1/3 of the tank in one hour.
Thus, in 1 hour [(1/2) + (1/3) – (1/3)] i.e. 1/2 of the tank is filled.
If all the three taps are opened together, the time taken to fill the tank = 2 hours
- (50/80)*100 = 62.5%
- (360/12) * 6 = 180o
- Let the distance between home and school be x km.
For X, Time = x/ 10
For Y, Time = x/15
x/10 – x/15 = 60/60
x = 30 km