- PENCIL is the Platform for Effective Enforcement for no child labour.
- The Right to Information (Amendment) Bill, 2019 was passed by Lok Sabha to amend the provisions of landmark transparency law- Right to Information Act, 2005.
- Parliament passed Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2019 amending the Companies Act 2013 and one of its features is stricter compliance for Corporate Social Responsibility.
- National Medical Commission Bill, 2019 was approved by Union Cabinet which aims at setting National Medical Commission in place of Medical Council of India.
- The Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill 2019 was passed by the Parliament penalizing Triple Talaq.
- Singapore International Commercial Court-appointed Justice A K Sikri (former Supreme Court Judge) as an International Judge.
- Rasagola, a dessert from Odisha, finally gets the Geographical Indication (GI) tag.
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) now makes it mandatory that resolution professionals will be barred from having parallel employment when they are in authority to take up work under insolvency law.
- Protection of Human Rights (Amendment) Bill, 2019 was passed by Lok Sabha that amends Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993 which provides for Human Rights court, NHRC and SHRC.
- Conviction order of Kulbhushan Jadhav to be reviewed by Pakistan on the direction by International Court of Justice,
POLITICAL/ NATIONAL NEWS
- Boris Johnson took charge as the new Prime Minster of United Kingdom and he appointed Priti Patel who is of Indian Origin as the Home Secretary of Britain
- Since partition, Shawala Teja Singh Temple finally reopened for devotees in Sialkot, Pakistan.
- S. Yeddyurappa took oath as the 31st Chief Minister of Karnataka.
- All lanes in all toll fee plazas on National Highways across country to be dedicated as FASTag lanes from 1 December 2019 : Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH)
- For digitization of AYUSH Sector, Ministry of Ayush signed an MoU with Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- ATAL Community Innovation Centre was launched in New Delhi aiming at encouraging innovation at community Level
- Chandrayaan-2 successfully launched by GSLV-MkIII-M1 from Second Launch Pad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- The implementing agency of Ayushman Bharat i.e. National health authority signs an MOU with Healthcare Federation of India (NATHEALTH) to streamline delivery of services.
- In ‘Paying Taxes’ category, India’s Ease of Doing Business ranked at 121 in 2019.
- Reliance Industries Limited which is led by Mukesh Ambani becomes highest rank Indian Company on Fortune Global 500 list as it was ranked 106.
- Indian Railway (Northern Zone ) conducted successful trial of Vande Bharat express known to be India’s fastest train, from New Delhi to Katra.
- UTKARSH 2022, the 3 year strategy finalised by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) board to improve supervision and regulation, among other functions of central bank.
- The sale of 481.79 acres of land held by Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore Ltd (FACT) to Government of Kerala approved by Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Bharat Chamber of Commerce (BCC) signed a MoU with BRICS of Commerce and Industry to promote Trade