Updated: March 28, 2020
CLAT Application and exam date for 2020 has been postponed.
Application deadline: April 25
CLAT 2020 Exam Date: May 24
Published on March 5, 2020.
CLAT 2020 exam date is approaching at a great pace.
The application deadline is approaching at an even greater pace.
The last date to fill the online examination form is March 31. If you haven’t filled out your form yet, it is strongly advised that you do it ASAP.
CLAT 2020 Official Exam Date and Schedule
01 Jan 2020 Applications Open
31 Mar 2020 Application Deadline
10 May 2020 CLAT 2020 Examination
11 May 2020 Uploading of Answer Keys
12 May 2020 Inviting Objections
15 May 2020 Last date for Objections
18 May 2020 Notification of Final Answer Key
24 May 2020 Declaration of Final Results
CLAT Exam New Pattern
Format of the paper
- Number of questions: 150
- Duration of paper: 2 hours
- Maximum marks: 150
- Negative marking: 0.25 for every wrong answer
Subject-wise marks/questions breakup
- Legal Reasoning: 35-40
- English Language: 28-32
- Logical Reasoning: 28-32
- Quantitative Techniques: 13-17
- Current Affairs with GK: 35-39
CLAT 2020 Eligibility
- There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2020.
- As regards the minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination), the candidates must have secured:
- Forty-five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCIcategories
- Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2020 are also eligible to appear in CLAT-2020 examination. However, they shall be required to produce evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- Higher marks in the component /section on legal aptitude in the CLAT-2020 exam;
- Higher age;
- Computerised draw of lots.