The full form of BLAT is Banaras Hindu University Law Admission Test. It is a common admission test conducted by the Banaras Hindu University for admission to its law programs.
BLAT 2022: Application Form, Eligibility
Admission into LLB and BA LLB programs offered by BHU will be offered on the basis of this entrance test. This entrance test will be conducted at university level and is expected to be held in the month of May 2022.
Interested candidates who also fulfill the eligibility criteria can fill and submit their applications in online mode. The application form will be released tentatively in the month of January 2022.
Candidates can get the complete details related to the BHU LLB Entrance Test 2022 from this post.
BLAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The vital information regarding BLAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria is given below:
- Nationality: Candidate should be Indian.
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must pass 10+2 level or its equivalent for any recognized board.
- Marks Required: Candidate must secure 50% marks in their 10+2 level(45% for SC/ST).
- Appearing Candidate: Applicants in their High School can also apply for this exam.
- Age Limit: There is no minimum age for applying for the exam.
BLAT 2022 Status
|Exam Notification||Not Announced Yet|
BLAT 2022 Important Dates
The important dates of the BLAT exam are given in the table below.
|Start of online application|
First week of June 2022
Last date to submit application form
Third week of June 2022
Availability of admit card
First week of July 2022
BLAT 2022 exam date
Release of answer key
Announcement of Results
Start of counselling
Candidates can keep visiting this page for the latest updates as notified by the officials.
BLAT 2022 Application Form
The detailed information regarding the BLAT Application Form is given below:
- BLAT 2022 Application Form will be released in June 2022 (tentative).
- The application form will be available in online mode.
- Applicants can fill the form through the official website.
- Candidates have to fill the application carefully because there is no provision of the correction window.
- Multiple forms of the single candidate might be rejected by the officials.
- Applicants are requested to go through eligibility criteria first before filling the application form.
- Moreover, candidates may keep a copy of the filled application form for further use.
BLAT 2022 Application Fee
The category wise BLAT Application fee is given below.
Mode of Payment: Candidates have to pay their application fee through online mode.
How to Fill BLAT 2022 Application Form?
Candidates seeking admission to the course need to fill up the application to be able to appear for BLAT 2022. The duly filled form can be submitted in online mode on the official website www.bhuonline.in. The steps involved are:
- Online Registration
- Filling of form and selection of course
- Uploading of photograph and signature
- Payment of fees
- Submission of application form
The admit card for BLAT 2022 will be released on the official website www.bhuonnline.in. Candidates must take a printout of the application form and keep it with themselves.
How to Download BLAT 2022 Admit Card?
candidates are required to follow the mentioned below steps:
- Step 1 – First of all, registered candidates need to visit the official website of the Banaras Hindu University.
- Step 2 – Click on the Admit card download link.
- Step 3 – After clicking on that link, candidates will have to enter their registered email id and registration number.
- Step 4 – After entering the details, click on the search button.
- Step 5 – Admit card will be displayed on a computer screen.
- Step 6 – Candidates will have to download the admit card and take a printout of the admit card.
BLAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The detailed information regarding the BLAT 2022 Exam Pattern is given below:
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Number of Questions||120|
|Type of Question||MCQs (Multiple choice questions)|
|Subjects||General Knowledge and mental ability, English Comprehension, Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Total Marks||480 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||04 Marks will be awarded for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||01 Mark will be deducted for each attempt|
BLAT 2022 Syllabus
The details regarding the BLAT 2022 Syllabus are given below:
BHU LLB Syllabus
- There is no specified syllabus for BHU LLB.
- Candidates may go through the previous year papers to prepare for the entrance exam.
- The question paper contains questions from the following subjects:
- General Awareness and Current Affairs
- Common Legal Knowledge
- Aptitude & Mental Ability and
- Language Comprehension
- The syllabus of BHU LLM consists of legal concepts.
- The topics need to be prepared are mentioned below:
- Law of Torts
- Law of Crimes
- Public International Law
- Law of Contracts
- Environmental Law
- Constitutional Law
- Hindu Law
- Muslim Law
- Indian Evidence Act
BLAT 2022 Answer Key
The details regarding the BLAT 2022 answer key are given below:
- The answer key will be released after the commencement of the exam.
- The authority will release the answer key in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to download the answer key from the official website.
- The answer key consists of all the correct answers to questions of the BLAT exam.
- Candidates can evaluate their performance using the answer key.
BLAT 2022 Result
The detailed information regarding the BLAT Result is given below.
- The result will be released on in the third week of June 2020.
- The authority will release the result in online mode.
- Candidate can check their result through the official website.
- The result will be declared after the released of the final answer.
- The scorecard will be declared in the form of merit list.
- Merit list will contain the name of the selected candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling round.
BLAT 2022 Cut Off
The details regarding the BLAT 2022 Cutoff is given below:
- BLAT 2022 Cutoff will be released after the declaration of result.
- The authority will release the cutoff list in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to download the cutoff from the official website.
- Cutoff marks are the minimum marks needed to get admission.
This BLAT Cut off is based on the previous year examination. Candidates can refer to the following table:
|Category||Opening rank||Opening Marks||Closing rank||Closing marks|
BLAT 2022 Counselling
The detailed information regarding the BLAT Counselling is given below:
- Counselling will be held after the declaration of result in the first week of June.
- Candidates who would clear the prestigious entrance exam shall be called for the counselling round.
- Candidates must attend the counselling in order to get admission into institutions.
- The seats will be allotted on the basis of rank obtained in the BLAT Merit List.
- Candidates have to bring the original documents as well as photocopies for the counselling process.
- The authority will verify their documents during the counselling process.
BLAT 2022 Highlights
The vital information regarding the BLAT exam is given in the table below:
Banaras Hindu University Law Admission Test, commonly known as BLAT
Exam Conducting Body
Banaras Hindu University
Once a year
Offline & Online
English & Hindi
Admission to 5-year Integrated BA-LLB (Hons) course
Type of Questions
Total Number of Question
+3 for correct answer
₹60,000 per year
1. Who can participate in BLAT counselling?
Those candidates whose names appear in BLAT 2020 merit list are eligible to participate in BLAT counselling.
2. Will the admit card of BLAT sent by post to applicants?
No, exam authorities will not send the admit card by post. Instead, BLAT admit card 2020 will be available on BHU entrance portal and will also be sent to the registered email id of the candidate.
3. Can I opt to appear in both online and offline modes in BLAT 2022?
While BLAT 2022 entrance exam will be conducted in both pen-based (offline) and computer-based mode, the candidate can opt for any one option. It is because the exam in both modes will be conducted on the same day and at the same time.