Given below are two sets of passage-based practice questions of Analytical Reasoning for LSAT.
Out of 8 candidates shortlisted i.e. Rahul, Saurav, Rohit, Sachin, Maahi, Kaif, Zaheer and Ishaan, four of them have to be finally selected. Only four students have to be selected. Analyse the cases given below and answer the questions that follow.
Case1: If Rahul or Rohit are selected, Maahi and Ishaan are not selected.
Case2: Only one person with initial letter R and one person with letter S is selected and Zaheer and Ishaan are selected.
Case 3: Two candidates that are selected have initial name letters from the first half of the Alphabets, the other two players have the initial name letter from the second half of the Alphabets.
- Which of the following set of selected candidates is not possible in Case 1?
- Rahul, Rohit, Sachin, Kaif
- Zaheer, Maahi, Rohit, Saurav
- Saurav, Sachin, Rahul, Rohit
- Maahi, Ishaan, Zaheer, Kaif
- Which of the following set of selected candidates is possible in Case 2?
- Rahul, Rohit, Zaheer, Ishaan
- Sachin, Saurav, Maahi, Kaif
- Rahul, Sachin, Zaheer, Ishan
- Rohit, Zaheer, Ishan, Maahi
- Who among the following can not be selected in case 2?
- Which of the following set of selected candidates is not possible in case 3?
- Rahul, Zaheer, Kaif, Ishaan
- Rahul, Rohit, Ishaan, Maahi
- Zaheer Maahi, Rahul, Kaif
- Zaheer, Rahul, Saurav, Kaif
- If Rahul and Ishaan are already selected in case 3, which pair of candidates cannot be selected?
- Kaif and Sachin
- Saurav and Kaif
- Zaheer and Sachin
- Zaheer and Kaif
In the Dormitory of a hostel, there are six students i.e. Lily, Rose, Orchid, Orange, Kiwi and Kate. There are three bunk beds and each bed accommodates two students (one on the lower bed and one on the upper bed). Analyse the condition below and answer the questions that follow.
- The beds are arranged side by side.
- Lily is not on the bed on any edge and does not share the bed with anyone whose name starts with a vowel or R. Also Lily is on the upper bed.
- No two person whose name starts with a vowel is on the same bed.
- Rose and Kiwi are on the upper bed.
- No two persons with flower names share the bed and no two persons with fruit name share the bed
- Which of the following is not a correct pair of students sharing the bed?
- Lily and Kiwi
- Lily and Kate
- Orange and Rose
- Orchid and Kiwi
- Who among the following is not on the bed in the middle?
- Both (a) and (c)
- _________ is not occupying the lower bed?
- Who among the following is on the bed on the right edge?
- Both (a) and (b)
- Cannot be determined